Saturday, March 17, 2007

Three cheers for the World Cup !!

Hi
This is the first time that I have reason enough to believe in the concept of blogging.......!
You might term me outdated...but for me ..... a BLOG is a crisp and crunchy food for thought. A radiant pillar of conviction and that emits strong sense of purpose and thought.
I am glad , amazed and ecstatic at the mere sight of the Cricket fever that is on in my country !
Something to be proud of where all of us seem to well knit ...standing tall...united. You must watch each and almost every citizen in the country glued to the TV sets as if testifying his presence in the game ...on the grounds....ushering a tremendous sense of belongingness.
People from all walks of life, from remotest parts of the country are a part and parcel of the game. Housewives, children, teenagers and even the farthest of species that you would ever know of would master their individual opinion, intelligence and eye for detail.
Even shows like KBC(Kaun Banega Crorepati) ...bustling with TRP ratings .....with SRK proudly opening the charter with basic questions like ...Who most often utters the word ....."Howzzat?"

Am I moved to see people in Ujjain going to the temple and praying for the well being and success of the Cricketers and the proud Amritsarians leading from the front with a Bat big enough to their Credit....!
Or Tendulkar's Mumbai Restuarent offering sumptuous dishes revolving around the theme with the Master Blaster's palm print hung on the wall covered by a cozy camera.
One of the News channels even declared the heads as "Preparing for War".
Three Cheers to the World Cup Spirit !

Especially when Cricket, as they put it, is such a big business today with loads of businessmen betting in Lakhs and Crores offshelf.
Cricket commands power enough commercially,morally,emotionally and has muscle enough that none of the subjects have ever gripped . Allow me a thought.....
We heard of Nithari that spoke so much about the atrocious killings or if you flip the recent newspapers , you would go through the increasing female foeticides in Punjab or may be just another report on a corrupt bureaucrat .

Please do not term this as sarcasicm or some kind of a Lecture on Social Sciences.

To me this is a thought provoking fact and holds much attention as the optimistic side to the power of the Game.

While Mr. P.Chidambaram battles and is bedeviled with the budget with all my due apologies to have said that......the complete picture would have been painted in pink , had we enjoyed the same power and attention on the Income Tax returns awaiting March End closing..........and if every one does just that what is wanted......you could just breath a sigh of releif on our infrastructural gamut. Finally a New Era.....

I would say .."Three Cheers to the Game of Power".

To tell you a bit more.....a few soldiers , the real Heros like Capt. Vikram Batra who have been widely acclaimed in films for their bravery on the War Front in real lives have yet to be commemorated ....as the real heros of War.

Hundreds and hundreds of soldiers have gone missing on the borders of Kashmir leaving their kids behind to yet write stories afresh in the Indian Army. Their widows yet await endless moral support and comfort. The list never ends .......

Eventually I am still scintillated by the melody of Cricket. I love it simply because it makes me think so much.

I am not disappointed to see Sehwag go at a lean (2 ) or Sachin (7), Dhoni(1)...and also to have missed a wonderful catch.......! India packed bags at a neat one ninety one vs Bangladesh.

But I would appreciate them to come forward and donate the endless wealth the nation has in turn bequeathed them.

Dada still helped some backing ! Wow what a comeback ! This surely would add to a chapter in the next IIMs case study class. Mr . Chapell must surely be watching.

You should not have missed the grin Munaf and Dhoni had to have missed the much needed catch.

Sure this sets the ball rolling and the controversy back home set ablaze if Indians would withstand the strong contendors like Newzealand , England and Australia when they give in to Bangladesh. I would attribute this to their Coach Habibul Bashar who had rocksolid confidence on the team and guts to challenge India on a news channel live ?! At that time I could simply laugh it out though.

please correct me if I am wrong... I am just beginning to watch the Game actually......!
You are surely convinced that I am outdated. ..! Humble enough to accept that and take it with a pinch of salt. I wish i could share the same spirit with my Cricket team. Meanwhile I would catch up with my sleep.

But I am still bedazzled with the spirit and aura of the Game and has authenticated the true spirit of an Indian. Me myself have never been awake but at this hour ..almost fifteen minutes past two in the morning. You can vouch for the charisma Cricket has and the endless fan following.

Bravo World Cup.

No comments: